DEFINING MOMENT IN FASHION: Jem and the Holograms

Thursday, April 3, 2014



I stopped to think what was this catchy-ass tune that has stuck in my head all morning and seems more inevitable than my shadow.  Memory is not my strong suite, but this song is there so, why can´t I remember what it´s from?  As opposed to other catchy tunes that I would wrestle out of my system, I was not fighting this one.  It´s fun, fresh, uplifting, kinda makes me wanna get dressed and go!  One day we are going to be able to find our lost keys on the Internet, so I googled: ¨truly, truly, truly, outrageous.¨  The search was over and there it was!  The smell of a lazy Sunday, the tickles of my grandmother´s light blue shaggy carpet, and dreams of wearing too much eye shadow listed before my very eyes.  Before Sex and the City there were Jem, the Holograms, the Misfits, and the Stingers.  Fashion was so impressive across the board that I even cheered for the bad girls.  
Do you have a cartoon fashion idol?  














No comments :

Post a Comment